Full Time, Remote
We’re looking to hire a data engineer for a data driven simulation project. The ideal candidate has good experience of data engineering, Azure and is very strong in C#. Some data science and ML experience would be a bonus.
VRAI create data-driven VR simulation training for hazardous environments. Our customers are leading organisations such as the the United Nations in Somalia, International Airlines Group (IAG) in Heathrow Airport and a number of European militaries.
We have created HEAT, HEAT combines authentic virtual training environments with cutting edge data capture and analytics capability. HEAT allows organisations whose activities are Risky, Remote or Rare to train in a more authentic, memorable and measurable way.
We actively pursue diversity in our company and encourage applications from as diverse a pool of candidates as possible. We will always create a gender balanced shortlist for every role and strive to maintain a gender balanced company.
We create shared value for our customers, investors, employees and community by adopting the ‘Triple Bottom Line’. We focus not just on profit, but also on people and the planet.
- Ensure the integration of our data architecture with existing 3 party simulation software, working closely with our data team
- Translate project plans and requirements into technical tasks for a multidisciplinary team.
- Lead the extraction of multiple data streams from 3 party simulation software, via their API, to our data architecture, working closely with our data team.
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, and bug-free data architecture.
- Enable and support data analytics and ML on the data captured.
- Ensure our data is secure
- Find creative and innovative solutions for data challenges faced by the team.
- Share knowledge, lead and mentor colleagues in a communal, cross-disciplinary and team environment
- 5+ years of professional cloud based data engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field.
- Good experience of using Azure for data engineering and analysis
- Strong experience with data processing and SQL databases.
- Strong experience of C#
- Experience of ensuring sensitive data is kept secure
- Having real time programming background would be an advantage