We are democratising simulation training by bringing high end simulation capability, once the sole domain of elite roles such as pilots, surgeons and F1 drivers, to whoever needs it, whenever they need it, wherever they need it.
Our insight is that VR, as well as being a great way of presenting data to a user, is also an incredibly powerful data capture medium. We combine virtual reality technology with data capture, analysis and machine learning (ML) in order to measure, evaluate and predict human performance and improve training outcomes.
VR simulation has the added benefit of reducing the cost and carbon footprint of traditional training. We are focussed on helping customers in aerospace, defence and offshore wind, working through both MoDs and OEM/Primes.
We believe in creating shared value for our customers, investors, employees and community by adopting the ‘Triple Bottom Line’ and the B Corporation constitution. This means our company has a legal obligation to balance sustainable profit, with sustainability for people and the planet.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our data team to work on extraction of insights from simulation data, and developing data visualisation solutions to communicate these insights.
This role will be centred on the large simulation related datasets we have gathered, helping us to develop data visualisation solutions to communicate insights discovered, as well as working towards our product vision of an adaptive learning environment.
This second goal will involve applying machine learning (ML) approaches to the simulation data. You will work on applied research projects, including the GUARD project, funded by Ireland’s Disruptive Technology Innovation Fund. This will involve ingestion of datasets from maritime surveillance UAVs and their operators in order to predict & improve performance.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience in designing and developing data visualisation solutions applied to large scale datasets. Experience in applying data science, and specifically ML concepts, to design, prototype, and build complex, scalable, and sustainable services and products is also important.
You will have senior AI/ML direction from internationally recognised Professors of AI/ML, while you will be expected to operationalise that guidance, lead a junior scientist and work with a cross functional group of colleagues and stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
● Convert product vision and high level guidance into an executable research plan
● Work with cross functional colleagues and stakeholders to understand customer problems, major challenges, and formulate the problems into appropriate ML frameworks
● Take the lead on large ML and data science projects for problems that are ambiguous, requiring both technical and domain expertise.
● Build ML and data science products that can be commercialised and scale
● Conduct research in the field of ML and data science to build new solutions and improve the accuracy of existing ones, enabling the company to meet the customer’s needs.
● Collaborate with peers and cross-team scientists & engineers to develop products/services
● Present the work in both internal and external conferences
● Master’s degree in ML, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or any Quantitative field
● 3+ years of experience in building mid/large-scale machine learning solutions
● Prior work experience as an applied scientist or a data scientist
● Experience of framing data-driven solutions to problems from different domains
● Experience of developing predictive analytics solutions
● Experience in writing production-ready code
● Expertise with a modern data science technology stack – for example Python and relevant machine learning packages (e.g. scikit-learn, Tensorflow, and pytorch), Microsoft Azure, and data manipulation and visualisation tools in Python.
● Prior experience of working with data from virtual reality simulators, other simulators, or wearable sensors would be a bonus.
● Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a results-oriented, remote team.
● Be able to demonstrate initiative, determination, high quality output and excellent communication skills
● An interest in gaming and simulation would be a bonus
What We Offer
● Health – including flexible office hours, remote working and team focus
● Wealth – including share options and pension contributions
● Growth – investment in and time for your personal and professional development including two quiet mornings per week (no communication unless you want it)
● Sustainability – this runs through all that we do from looking at sustainable ways of working and how we create and manage data, to the projects we work on
● Flexibility – including working hours that suit you, if that also meets the needs of the team and remote/hybrid working
● Awesome, memorable and challenging work that makes a difference to the lives of end users
● Competitive salary depending on your experience