HIRING NOW: Azure Full Stack Developer (UK)February 15, 2023
HIRING NOW: Lead/Senior Unreal DeveloperJune 21, 2023
We are democratising simulation training by bringing high end simulation capability, once the sole domain of elite roles such as pilots, surgeons and F1 drivers, to whoever needs it, whenever they need it, wherever they need it
Our insight is that VR, as well as being a great way of presenting data to a user, is also an incredibly powerful data capture medium. We combine virtual reality technology with data capture, analysis and machine learning (ML) in order to measure, evaluate and predict human performance and improve training outcomes.
VR simulation has the added benefit of reducing the cost and carbon footprint of traditional Training. We are focussed on helping customers in aerospace, defence and offshore wind, working through both MoDs and OEM/Primes.
We believe in creating shared value for our customers, investors, employees and community by adopting the ‘Triple Bottom Line’ and the B Corporation constitution. This means our company has a legal obligation to balance sustainable profit, with sustainability for people and the planet.
Purpose of role:
Our HEAT platform captures, stores, analyses and presents data insights on trainee performance during simulation sessions. The HEAT platform is integrated with a variety of client simulations to enhance training outcomes.
This new role at VRAI will be a leading front-end technical resource for HEAT development and engage with our customers for all HEAT integration requirements.
You will be joining the Dev team being responsible for front end development and maintenance of HEAT, as well as integration of HEAT with customer solutions.
Suitable candidates will be able to work with other technical team members, data analysts and advise product owners, support sales and BD.
You should be able to:
● Design client architecture and integrate with backend services / APIs
● Build the front-end of applications in collaboration with our UI/UX resources
● Use and integrate with several APIs for a range of client requirements
● Support with testing / troubleshooting
● Create or adopt best in class security and data protection settings
● Write accessible, comprehensive technical documentation and user guides
● Work with data scientists and analysts to constantly improve software and services
Requirements/Qualifications to the role:
● 3+ years experience using React front end development
● Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture including:
● Excellent communication and team working
● Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
● Customer facing professional experience
● Open source examples
● C# API REST development
● Agile ways of working and experience of e.g. Atlassian tools, Scrum/Kanban and Git-flow workflows
Characteristics that are important for the role:
● Take responsibility – own your work either when it succeeds or fails
● Problem solve, innovate, be creative
● Be comfortable being customer facing, enjoy relationship building
● Be agile, iterate, always be delivering
● Remember to collaborate, the end result is better if other skills input
● Company pension
● Cycle-to-work scheme
● Private medical insurance
● Sick pay
● Work from home