Experienced 3D Artist
VRAI create data driven VR simulation training for hazardous environments. Our customers are leading organisations such as the Irish Defence Forces, the United Nations in Somalia and International Airlines Group (IAG) in Heathrow Airport.
We have created HEAT, Hazardous Environment Awareness Training. HEAT combines authentic virtual training environments with cutting edge data capture and analytics capability. HEAT allows organisations whose activities are Risky, Remote or Rare to train in a more authentic, memorable and measurable way.
We create shared value for our customers, investors, employees and community by adopting the ‘Triple Bottom Line’. We focus not just on profit, but also on people and the planet.
We’re looking for an experienced 3D Artist to join our team working on our data driven VR simulation products. We also create bespoke VR experiences and all our work is delivered using Scrum/Agile methods. The ideal candidate will be an experienced 3D Artist and team player who creates high quality work and is a problem solver.
- You will design and develop features and experiences, working in an Agile environment.
- Delivery of product features and functions according to client requirements.
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including architecture, organic objects and props in accordance with client requirements
- Model and integrate UV & texture
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Research and evaluation of new technologies and sustainable solutions in the VR/AI industry.
- Collaborate with teams of software developers, QA, project managers and designers on new features.
- Document and review work with colleagues
- 4+ years of professional games/simulation development experience
- You will be highly skilled using packages such as Maya and 3DS Max
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modelling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity.
- Excellent modelling and texturing skills.
- Understanding of development processes and knowledge of C++ and Unreal is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices in software development and Agile processes
- Experience with VR and product visualisation
- Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a results-oriented, remote team.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative, determination, high quality output and excellent communication skills
- Fluent English
- Must be based in North East England
What We Offer
- Health – including flexible office hours, remote working and team focus
- Wealth – including share options and pension contributions
- Growth – investment in and time for your personal and professional development including two quiet mornings per week (no communication unless you want it)
- Sustainability – this runs through all that we do from looking at sustainable ways of working and how we create and manage data, to the projects we work on
- Flexibility – including working hours that suit you, if that also meets the needs of the team and remote/hybrid working
- Awesome, memorable and challenging work that makes a difference to the lives of end users
- Competitive salary depending on your experience
PROTO, Abbott’s Hill
Baltic Business Quarter
Gateshead NE8 3DF