Experienced UI/UX Designer
VRAI create data driven VR simulation training for hazardous environments. Our customers are leading organisations such as the Irish Defence Forces, the United Nations in Somalia and International Airlines Group (IAG) in Heathrow Airport.
We have created HEAT, Hazardous Environment Awareness Training. HEAT combines authentic virtual training environments with cutting edge data capture and analytics capability. HEAT allows organisations whose activities are Risky, Remote or Rare to train in a more authentic, memorable and measurable way.
We create shared value for our customers, investors, employees and community by adopting the ‘Triple Bottom Line’. We focus not just on profit, but also on people and the planet.
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX person to join our team to work on our data driven VR simulation products. We create bespoke VR experiences and all our work is delivered using Scrum/Agile methods. Your job will be to ensure our products are design-led and built with the optimum user experience in mind.
- Work with clients and team members to gather information about requirements
- Design and propose visual concepts to describe end-to-end product experiences
- Create personas, user journeys and site maps
- Create wireframes, prototypes and user flows
- Adopt and champion design best practices and apply to all the work we do
- Attend Agile and other team meetings to collaborate as required
- Ensure that colleagues understand design practices and that best practices are adopted
- Collaborate with teams of software developers, QA, project managers and others as part of the project life cycle
- Document and review work with colleagues
- 3+ years design experience in simulation software, games industry or similar
- Knowledge of best practices in design and Agile processes
- Experience with VR and product visualisation including Axure, InVision, OmniGraffle, Visio, Sketch and the Adobe product suite
- Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a results-oriented, remote team.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative, determination, high quality output and excellent communication skills
- Fluent English
- Must be based in North East England
What We Offer
- Health – including flexible office hours, remote working and team focus
- Wealth – including share options and pension contributions
- Growth – investment in and time for your personal and professional development including two quiet mornings per week (no communication unless you want it)
- Sustainability – this runs through all that we do from looking at sustainable ways of working and how we create and manage data, to the projects we work on
- Flexibility – including working hours that suit you, if that also meets the needs of the team and remote/hybrid working
- Awesome, memorable and challenging work that makes a difference to the lives of end users
- Competitive salary depending on your experience
PROTO, Abbott’s Hill
Baltic Business Quarter
Gateshead NE8 3DF